We employ a deal registration program to ensure you always obtain returns on the investment you’ve made into promoting DataLocker to your customers. This program limits the impact of price shopping, safeguards partners against competitive price undercutting, and levels the playing field between partners of all sizes.
Program Eligibility & Administration
- Reseller or Distributor (Company) must be an authorized DataLocker Partner to qualify for the Program.
- Partner must register eligible sales opportunities via the DataLocker Registration Form (on the right)
- Registered opportunities must identify the specific sales opportunity within the institution or organization.
- Partner agrees to pre-qualify opportunities, and submit valid and complete opportunity details via the Deal Registration Form.
- Opportunities must be registered at least five (5) business days prior to the deal closing. The sooner the opportunity is registered, the more advantageous.
- The Company will receive a Deal Registration discount if the opportunity meets the sales eligibility requirements defined under the Approval Process section.
- Once the Company receives approval for a Deal Registration opportunity, they are eligible to receive a discount off unit cost if they close the deal within the specified time period.
- Opportunities need to be at least $10,000 MSRP cost to be considered.
- Deals sourced by DataLocker and extended to Partners for fulfillment are not eligible for the Program.
- Orders must be placed on a single purchase order and cannot be combined across multiple purchase orders.
- The deal registration must meet program guidelines at the time of deal closure.
- Company submits the Deal Registration Form.
- Once the Company submits an eligible sales opportunity, DataLocker will validate the opportunity to ensure it is:
- New to the DataLocker Registration System,
- Net new to the DataLocker Sales pipeline
- The DataLocker Team will review and respond to deal registration submissions within five (5) business days.
- Partners should contact the sales team with questions regarding registration submissions.
- The assigned rep will review and approve or deny registration submissions using the following criteria:
- Completeness of information submitted
- Existence of prior registration for the opportunity
- Existence of any DataLocker direct relationship for the opportunity (i.e., opportunity exists in the DataLocker Sales database)
- All valid communications regarding approvals or denials will originate from the DataLocker Sales Team
- A registration is active for 30 days from date of approval. If the registration is approaching the expiration date, the approved Partner may request an extension of the registration for up to an additional 30 days.
- Extension requests must be submitted to the assigned sales rep at least one day prior to expiration of the initial registration.
- Extension requests will be approved or denied at the discretion of DataLocker.
- Only one extension request is allowed per opportunity.
- If the extension request is approved, the opportunity expiration will be extended 30 days.
- Once a registered opportunity expires, it is no longer eligible for the Deal Registration Program.
Deal Registration Rejection Reasons
- Deal registrations can be rejected for, but are not limited to, the following:
- The same partner has previously registered the same opportunity.
- The opportunity is already in the DataLocker sales pipeline and therefore not new to DataLocker at the time of registration.
- The opportunity is below the minimum deal size requirement.
- Another partner has already registered the opportunity.
- Not a valid opportunity (i.e. is a lead, etc.).
- Close date is before or the same day as the submit date.
- Close date is more than 90 days from the submit date.
- Deal registration opportunity came from an RFQ/RFP. Only opportunities initiated and driven by the partner are eligible for deal registration.
- Deal registration opportunity came from a bid board. Only opportunities initiated and driven by the partner are eligible for deal registration.
Reasons for canceling the deal registration discount include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The products on the sales order do not match the products on the deal registration. The products on the order do not meet the minimum deal size requirement.
- The DataLocker sales order number has already been claimed on another deal registration.
- DataLocker sales order number was entered more than 60 days after the order close date.
- Order close date is within five (5) business days or prior to the deal registration submit date.
- The customer account on the order is different than the customer account on the registration.